Thursday, January 27, 2011

Starting my Senior Practicum

Almost a year ago, I wrote a blog on the African American Military Museum in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Now I am currently working on my senior capstone at the same exact museum. Today is my second day at the AAMM and I am learning so much. Yesterday I learned the evenings procedures of how the museum operations and functions. I also tried to inform myself of the museum's history and notable servicemen and women I did not currently know.

Visitors came much throughout my time in the museum here and I got to meet the previous museum director Mrs. Iola Williams. Mrs. Iola is the wife of a former military serviceman that serves on the Hattiesburg Convention Commission. The HCC heads the museum and other current projects around Hattiesburg's pine belt. She also has the museum's theater named in her honor.

As I am starting my practicum at the museum I feel I will love volunteering my time to share in the great history of military service people. I am so excited about Black History Month approaching because I know the museum will have a variety of nationalities coming in to see and appreciate the bravery of African American soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment